Sunday, July 25, 2010

MPM#12



We did well this past week following our menu, however; due to some extreme Alberta heat, we adapted a few things. I tried Weeknight Lasagna Toss on a whim and it was very good! Thankfully, it's all stove top so it didn't heat the house up anymore than necessary! I only used 1/2 a green pepper and 1/2 a red plus one medium onion all chopped up. I also added some additional spices to my hamburger while it cooked - pepper, parsley, onion & garlic powder. I can see it being a bit bland with out a little jazzing up but it's simple, easy and tasty!

Also, I tried using the barbeque more as an oven and attempted to bake our nachos on it. It worked very well - so well, I never got an 'after' picture of our dish as we ate it all before I remembered! With this success, I'm going to try more roasting and baking in the barbeque in the coming weeks (and days) as it looks like summer has finally decided to show up!

It's a lazy week - TroubleMaker and I are heading to my Mom's for the weekend so I wimped out in the planning department. It's also going to be warm here all week and I know when it's hot, I don't want to cook but it's also appetite zapping so we'll play some of these meals by ear. I also took a pork roast out so I don't think we'll have pork chops this week...

here is our week at a glance!
July 26 to August 2
Monday Tuna Sandwiches & Salad
Tuesday BBQ Pork Buns (I'll post the recipe ASAP)
Wednesday Weeknight pasta toss
Thursday Clubhouse Sandwiches with Fries
Friday To my Mom's!
Saturday At Mom's!
Sunday Still at Mom's being spoiled!

Lunches
Ummm. Yeah. I haven't planned anything this week. When I did the months' menus a month ago, I was out of inspiration and time.

Breakfasts
Cereal, toast, bagels, muffin - all with lots of fresh berries!

Hope you have a great week and check out more Menu Plan Monday cooking and meal planning ideas over at Org Junkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...