Sunday, August 1, 2010

MPM#13



TroubleMaker and I have spent the weekend at my Mom's with my Sister and my niece. Mom has made us some delicious meals (one of which inspired Saturday nights meal) and we made a wonderful trip on Saturday to our favourite place on earth... Jasper National Park

As always, it's so hard to know tomorrow we'll be packing up and heading back to the "Real World" but I am glad that I've had the chance to catch up and visit and plan my month's menus (well, almost)! And of course, see all the wonder that is the Rocky Mountains!

Here is our week at a glance!
August 2 to August 8
Monday What my sister used to call "Choose Your Own Adventure" night
Tuesday Tuna Casserole
Wednesday (leftovers) Chicken & Mushroom Linguine with Salad
Thursday Egg Salad sandwiches & Tossed Salad
Friday Hamburgers & Chips
Saturday BBQ Chicken with "Frog's BBQ Sauce" & Pasta Salad
Sunday Salmon Patties with Pasta Salad

Lunches
Still working on the lunch menus!

Breakfasts
Cereal, toast, bagels, muffins, bacon & eggs!

Hope you have a great week and check out more Menu Plan Monday cooking and meal planning ideas over at Org Junkie!

This recipe is one my Dad invented when I was a little girl - it was the 'sauce' of use for everything we barbequed. Although I have the recipe, I forgot one of it's prime uses was for the most delightful barbequed chicken. We used to raise our own chickens and the yummiest was a cut-up fryer seasoned lightly and placed on a cookie sheet, cooked until lightly browned and then cooked until finished (on low heat) being basted frequently and generously with lots of the Frog's BBQ Sauce! Enjoy!

Frog's BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup corn syrup
10 drops liquid smoke
7 drops Worcestershire sauce
1/8 cup minced onion
generous 'sprinkles' of each of the following seasonings
parsley
season salt
pepper
garlic sea salt

1 comment:

  1. your menu sounds great!! I've been looking for a good BBQ sauce recipe. I'll have to try this one! Thanks :)

    Come check out my menu and enter some of my great giveaways!

    www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...