Monday, October 18, 2010

MPM # 23


Photo Courtesy of Blackstone Images

It's Monday and I'm sitting at my desk - it's hard to be here after such a fantastic weekend! I'd rather be cuddled in bed with TroubleMaker planning another day together! I wonder how I can launch a campaign to change the work week to Saturday and Sunday and our new 'weekend' would be Monday to Friday. Sounds logical, doesn't it?

This is week three of individual week planning and I'm not sure what I think. A month in advance is how I generally plan but October snuck up on me this year and I'm all behind! It doesn't help that Summer has finally decided to visit my humble Prairie province (albeit two months too late) so we are spending a enormous amount of time outside and that doesn't leave many hours in the house on the weekends so my menu is usually tossed together at breakfast Saturday morning before I head out to do the weeks' shopping.

There is a distinct theme to my menu this week - SANDWICHES! I just checked and World Sandwich Day is still two weeks away! I asked my Husband for a couple of ideas this week and he inevitably requests Chicken Salad Sandwiches and we had Mom's Crockpot Ham for Sunday dinner and we've got a ton of ham leftover so we're making (at my Husband's request) Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches too!

I asked my super fantastic Step Mom if they'd be interested in taking TroubleMaker for the night as my husband and I have a distinct craving and need for a dinner out and some couple time and they agreed so Friday night is DATE NIGHT! Our first, I think, since my birthday in July... I can't WAIT!

I hope you all have a great week and I look forward to catching up with you again next week!

October 18 to October 24

Monday Chicken Breast Club Sandwiches
Tuesday Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwiches
Wednesday KD & Fish sticks
Thursday Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Friday DATE NIGHT!
Saturday Chicken Pot Pie Anyone have a recipe to share?
Sunday Sloppy Joes

Breakfasts
Toast, Apple Strudel Muffins, Bagels, Cereal, French Toast, Bacon & eggs

Chicken Salad Sandwiches
3 chicken breasts, seasoned and pan fried
1/4 cup Miracle whip
1/2 red pepper, diced
1 to 2 green onions chopped

Dice the chicken and add Miracle whip and diced veggies. Blend well and chill (if desired). Butter bread and add Chicken salad. Yield: 7 to 8 generously filled sandwiches

For more meal planning ideals and inspirations, check out the Org Junkie’s Menu Plan Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...