Monday, January 17, 2011

MPM # 36

It's the third week of January and the snow in our back yard is more than 3' deep - and it's still snowing! I love the winter wonderland outside - many are complaining - and although I'm not crazy about the -30 deg. Celsius temps, seeing it through the eyes of our TroubleMaker makes me appreciate it in a new way.

This week, our menu is 'old standards' - I'm feeling tired and uninspired. Also, I'm working very diligently to stay to a reasonable grocery budget. It's really important to me to get the spending under control so I'm working on planning meals that use the things we have. Although I love trying new recipes and part of what I love about the Menu Plan Monday's is perusing the other blogs and getting new and fresh ideas, I think I'll have to ensure that any new selections are planned when I do my menu planning (which I have to start doing a month at a time again - it just works better and keeps our budget better under control). This is what we're eating this week.

January 17 to January 23

Monday Tuna Casserole
Tuesday Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Wednesday Spaghetti
Thursday Beef with Snow Peas, spring rolls & fried rice
Friday KD & Fish sticks (TroubleMaker's request)Saturday Nachos!
Sunday Crock pot Hamburger Casserole

Breakfasts

I'm proud to announce that after nearly two years of breakfast planning, my Husband feels secure in his ability to 'do' breakfasts during the week unaided! YAY! But in a week or two, lunches will be back on the menu as my husband's contract is wrapping up and he'll be home again full time with TroubleMaker. :)

For more great meal planning ideas and menu planning tips, check out The Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday!

For a yummy, easy dinner, check out my Sweet & Sour Hamburger recipe!




Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole
1.5 pounds hamburger
3 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
1 med onion, thinly sliced
3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
10 oz frozen peas
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
10 oz can tomato soup
2 tsp beef bouillon
1/2 cup water

-Scramble fry hamburger in frying pan until no longer pink. Drain and turn into crock pot.
-Add next 7 ingredients, stir.
-Mix soup, bouillon, water in a bowl, add to crock pot. Stir & cover.
-Cook on low 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
-Makes 8 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...