Sunday, February 27, 2011

MPM # 43

Photobucket Spinach Lasagne Rollups

Another week is wrapping up, as is the month. I had the good fortune to be able to plan my monthly menu at leisure over the past couple of days. I'm very glad March's menus are wrapped up - and without a blank day! I'm going to run a report on our budget for groceries to see how our month added up with the careful planning and scheduled grocery shops.

This weekend, we had my parents over for dinner. I went a little overboard but I was worried that we didn't/wouldn't have enough a food. We had my Easy Hot wings, coyote fritters plus I did a honey garlic wing and some BBQ pork short ribs in the crockpot. We had potato skins (oh my goodness, were they every good - nothing beats homemade skins) and a veggie plate with dip. Then we had strawberry shortcake for dessert. It was a fabulous night and we had a great visit!

My husband's contract is wrapping up so I'm back to planning some lunches. Breakfasts are old hat now to my husband and son - especially since TroubleMaker has discovered cereal!

This week is looking tasty with our favourite Mushroom and Chicken Linguine - fresh pasta was on sale so instead of the dried I use generally, we get to try it with fresh! Here is our plan for the week - what's on tap at your house? Want some more great ideas? Check out the Menu Plan Monday over at the Organizing Junkie's place!

February 28 to March 6

Monday All in one pork chop bake
Tuesday Chicken and Mushroom Linguine
Wednesday Grilled Cheese and soup
Thursday Sloppy Joes
Friday Chicken Nuggets and fries
Saturday take out after the birthday party
Sunday Crock pot Swiss steak

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...