Monday, April 11, 2011

MPM # 48


I'm very mixed up with my days. The new menu planner I used this month has the week starting with "Monday" but Saturday and Sunday are at the end of the week... So all my menu plans had to be shifted a day which muddled me up completely!

Last week we did better at following the menu but some hiccups at home also shifted the shopping day - so we didn't catch 10% Tuesday and I had to shuffle the menu again to suit what we had on hand.

Thankfully when my husband did go shopping, we are getting into good fruit season! I'm very tired of canned peaches and apples so the juicy grapes and even better strawberries made eating a pleasure. I think if I lived somewhere other than too close to the North Pole, I'd live on fruit...

This week sees me shifting from a Sunday afternoon dance class to a Monday evening class. It's also earlier in the evening (which is perfect) but it has me home, grabbing a sandwich and dashing out again, thus leaving the boys on their own for another meal... Mondays are going to become our 'simple Monday' menu for the next ten weeks. No one minds really and this means I can get back to my culinary cooking weekends!

Here's what's cooking around our house this week...

April 11 to 17
Monday: Fried Egg Sandwiches
Tuesday: Honey Dijon Chicken with egg noodles
Wednesday:Beef & Bean Burritos (we had this Sunday - I added lots of bell peppers & some mozza before rolling them up and then baked them for 20 minutes at 350 with the Enchilada sauce poured over top and added more cheese)
Thursday: TBD
Friday: Hamburgers & chips
Saturday: Southern Fried Chicken and Gramma's Potato Salad
Sunday: Ginger beef, Fried rice & vegetable stir fry

For more great ideas, check out the Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday! Thank you for stopping by and we'll see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...