Saturday, November 26, 2011

Inventing a Countdown Calendar

I've been giving a lot of thought to making a countdown calendar for TroubleMaker. Advent calendars were not something we did as kids but I always knew that I'd want to do one with my little ones, if I ever had them. TroubleMaker is getting old enough now that I really want to have something special for him. But as the end of this month rapidly approaches, I'm still "without" an idea on just what to do or make!

I don't want to spend a lot of money - Christmas, for us, is about family and sharing and being together so I know I want to have a list of "things" to do and not worry too much about little gifties for each day. I like the idea of including a chocolate for each day but my concern is that he's going to want to eat the chocolate every morning before breakfast! I also know, somewhere in this house, I have "things" - holiday pencils, erasers and other such stuff. I did a fun Countdown calendar years ago for my niece so I know had leftovers (but where, or where can they be?!).

So I've been searching online, on Pinterest and blogs for inspiration... And there are SO many good ideas out there!

But none seem just quite what I'm looking for! But I have lots of ideas and thoughts in my head that I'm going to try and put together tomorrow! Need something fast and quick? Check out this cute idea!

Here is a simple print, cut and stick countdown calendar. It's cute, bright and easy! Thanks for reading - see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...