Monday, January 30, 2012

Menu Plan Monday!

Good morning, everyone! I hope your weekend was peaceful, relaxing and fun! Ours was good - although our attempt to take TroubleMaker skating on Sunday was thwarted by a "private party" at the rink... Not deterred from spending time outside, we zipped home and grabbed our sleds and found a hill "not to big" for our little (and us) to sled down! Lots of laughter, lots of tumbles and wet mitts reminded me of my own childhood and sledding down the big hill at home!

This week, we're talking easy. Today is "payday" so I had to make our few dollars stretch until today so we are using up what's on hand (I can't believe I only have a pound of hamburger and one pack of chicken keels in the freezer) and making things simple! My husband suggested skating one night after work then stopping for burgers on the way home... I agreed whole heartily - and not just because I love to skate! ;)

Monday: Tuna Melts and Spring Salad
Tuesday: Crockpot Meatballs & noodles
Wednesday: KD & Fishsticks
Thursday: Burger Night!
Friday: Taco Salad
Saturday: Pizza Party (made with our favourite crust)
Sunday: Crockpot Roast Beef on toasted buns

I like it when things come together easily and quickly and this menu has that in spades! Less time cooking means more Family time, which is what I'm all about these days!

For more excellent meal and menu planning ideas, head over and see Laura at the Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday! Thanks for stopping by and see you again soon!

2 comments:

  1. I found you from Menu Plan Monday, and I'm so glad I did! I love your blog. The name totally lured me in. A woman after my own heart!

    Menu planning has completely changed my life. I used to think I didn't have time to do it, but it has given me so much extra time to be with my family, too. I love it, and I love your menu ideas. Lots of easy stuff and another reason to use the crockpot! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I found yours this morning too! Love it!My family is my life and as my boy grows, it becomes more a question of how to shortcut the mundane to get more time with him!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...