Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Sandbox Story

The second weekend of the sandbox build took place this weekend.

The sandbox won.

I think this quote sums it up "...such is the transition from designer to builder. It's so EASY to DRAW the wall straight". 


It wasn't that the work was really that hard but I think it was tedious. Very tedious. And tiring. Measure 16 times, cut once. Measure again, cut again. Repeat. I can draw just about anything and I can even envision it in my head constructed but building it and fitting it together are vastly different things.

I've always admired carpenters and builders - what doesn't look hard is actually quite intricate and complicated.

We were building a sandbox. A box - a rectangular shaped box with a lid. Sounds perfectly simple for two (relatively) novice builders. And I suppose, in theory, it wasn't that hard, it just seemed to take a very long time to complete.

And it isn't complete yet. We have a box and a lid and a cubic yard of sand. The handles and trim are still to come...

But two weekends of (hard) work and it's play worthy and ready. Saturday afternoon and part of today was spent digging, piling, packing and raking. This morning, shortly after rising, I found TroubleMaker at the back door strapping on his sandals - his destination? The sandbox, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...