Monday, October 1, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - October 1 - 7

Another week as the Arm Chair Chef... Tonight, however, I made dinner as it was my husband's birthday! We've got Canadian Thanksgiving coming up so my husband is going to try his hand at turkey cooking - we are just cooking a turkey breast roast but he'll still be in charge of the dressing (stuffing)! His Mom is bringing Pumpkin pie (made with carrots - it's new - I'll let you know what we thought next Monday).

Monday: Pizza and Caesar Salad
Tuesday: Homemade Mac & Cheese
Wednesday: Tacos
Thursday: Tortellini with Alfredo sauce (FROM A JAR - I may just die from embarrassment)
Friday: Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Saturday: Hamburgers 
Sunday: Turkey with all the fixings

I'm also happy to announce that a suggestion made last week by Ginny from Gabbing with the Gafford's has actually been welcomed by my husband! She plans one week and they eat it for two.. So this week's menu could be repeated next week. When I broached the subject with my husband - as a passing "I can't believe someone would do that!" and he said "that's not a bad idea!"... Especially while he's doing the cooking!

I'm not sure I am totally on board but I think I would do it "every other week" so we may try that. As our grocery budget spirals out of control (my husband actually laughed at me when I suggested a new budget number).

I'm sharing over at the Org Junkie this week. Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...